Friday, September 4, 2015

Fence Board Art

 I love working with old, weathered wood.  Fence boards are a great medium for all kinds of projects! I have gotten several different types and widths all for free from friends, curbsides and freecycle.  This sign was made by attaching three boards side by side.  
I do most of these signs by painting the letters on.  I print them out on copy paper and trace onto the wood using graphite paper, then paint.
Usually I'll go over it all with final "light sanding" to distress a bit more.  My hubby came home the other day with a trunk load of fence boards that someone gave him!  
This sign was for my son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner.  It was made from two pieces of old wood siding.
Using a different method for applying the image, I created these little boards to give away as favors at the rehearsal.
So keep your eyes open -- there are so many possibilities with fence boards!




1 comment:

  1. Your signs are beautiful Lauren! Especially the words on them. Making a large sign like that is on my list of things to try. I can't hand paint very well so I'm a bit hesitant. It won't hurt to practice on a small piece I guess. Thanks for the inspiration! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!