Sunday, March 2, 2014

Eileen Is Irish

Eileen loves holidays because like most ladies, she loves to change up her look now and then.  These days she's "wearin' the green" and looking quite lovely I have to say.
Eileen came to live with me last summer -- she was a STEAL at just $25.00 and we've had a lot of fun together ever since. She's named Eileen for a reason -- you can read her story in my original post.
She sits "royally" in my bay window along with my ever-growing collection of vintage office equipment.
A friend gave me two very old date stamps.  I am planning to do a little research on them but they belonged to his father and were used in the early 30's.
 My daughter knows what her mom loves.  She picked up these old pince nez glasses in their original case (the leather pouch they're sitting on.)  They fold up -- so cute!  And they're green so with my tinted green water in the ink bottle, they are perfect for St. Patrick's Day.
 This working Baby Ben clock was my dad's and he recently gave it to  me (he couldn't figure out exactly WHY I'd want such an old thing LOL).
 With continued snow I feel like I should say "Merry Christmas!" but I'll think Spring and wish you all a "Happy St. Patrick's Day!"

7 comments:

  1. Eileen is looking good. Yes, this winter has been brutal, and, looooong. Relief is coming. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her and your baby Ben, too! The black and white photo sure brings out their beauty! Enjoy your evening my friend! sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun vignette! I have many of those same items :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I love all your beautiful treasures Lauren! We have so much snow here too. I can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren. What great olden things! You've put together a great vignetter. Thank you for popping in to see my cows.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Ireland culture is wonderful, and this cute thing won't let you forget about it :) http://androidspyapp.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!