Saturday, October 27, 2012

Vintage Obsessions

 I am such a sucker for vintage linens so when I came across this little resale shop on a recent visit with my girls at their college, I couldn't resist grabbing this tea table cloth.  It's ALL hand sewn and embroidered . . . hemmed by hand and the rickrack applied by hand!
Then there was this lovely pillowcase, also completely hand stitched, hemmed and the lace applied by hand.  I don't know what kind of fabric it's made of but to me, it feels like butter! Amazing that people actually MADE their own pillowcases at one time.
A pretty doily never gets past me.  The hand worked edging always amazes me.

My latest obsession:  Vintage salt shakers.  The three crystal ones WERE going in my Etsy shop but never made it, nor could I give up these silver ones with "Chicago, IL" on them!
 But, I do have two sets of these adorable, tiny cut glass ones in my Etsy Shop but I don't imagine they'll last long!  The linens are also available there so stop over and don't forget to check out my sale section.  If you purchase from there, let me know you are from my blog and you'll be entered to win a $10.00 gift certificate to my shop.
And finally . . . my most favorite purchase of all . . .something I've been looking for for a long, long time . . .
 A pair of vintage sunglasses!!  And as if that weren't good enough . . . they're PINK and came with a matching case!
So what are YOUR vintage obsessions?




6 comments:

  1. Oh...the sunglasses are SWEEEEET! They are just perfect for you, too! What fun you had. I always look at vintage linens, too...and old childrens books! You found some neat things! I'm off to look in your shop again! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great things. I love all linens and have many. I used to do handwork, but no more. My eyes are too bad for that. A lot of the pieces I have are very old from family estates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love linen, but girl you are stylin in those glasses!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a sucker for old linens, and lace. The table cloth with the bird looks like one I have. I started collecting when I was in my twenties, and am so glad I didn't give in to the "get rid of some of this stuff" urge..as when I came back to my love of vintage, I had my tubs full of old vintage linens waiting for me!

    I seem to be collecting tables and chairs at the moment, I just keep coming across old old items, for great prices. I am going to start reworking them soon, and will post as I do.

    One table I got today is a 100 + year old round oak, that I got for $5.00, it has quite a story!

    Jan at The Pink Geranium

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having a love affair with vintage salt shakers too! Yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!