Monday, July 16, 2012

Vintage Travel Room Coffee Center

I'm still working on details of our 'vintage travel' themed guest room/study and just added this coffee station.  The table was one we've had for a long time but was in pretty sad shape with lots of water stains and scratches.
 One coat of Annie Sloan Paris Gray chalk paint, some distressing and waxing brought the bottom back to life.  The top took a lot of sanding and then a coat of stain and two coats of poly.

 The drawer handle was painted in A.S. Graphite and the drawer lined with a paper showing "vintage" tickets.
 The shelf on the wall was a thrift store purchase for $2.00.  I painted it with A.S. Emperor's Silk chalk paint, distressed and waxed.  The coffee tin was one I had that I painted and added the vintage coffee graphic.
 The room is nearly finished . . . just a few more touches and small projects.  Here are a few other parts like a window pane bulletin board center, a vintage camera display

12 comments:

  1. I love it Lauren! I like how you are setting up a little coffee station in your guest room! You are so sweet! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a cute little table...just the right size! You're having fun getting your room decorated! Are you going to have any postcards? If you want one from FL...email me your address and I'll send you one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren,

    Great idea to add a coffee station. The table looks fantastic and I love your red shelf.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a girl who LOVES a pop of red in the mix...Looks great!, and an awesome job on the table metamorphosis...Just shows what a little bit of vision and a lot of elbow grease can do! ;-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, Lauren! I love red, too, it adds such a nice POP!
    have a great day...

    Feel free to pop on over to my blog...

    Ciao Bella
    Sensible Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute,and what a clever idea to use the red shelf for the cups and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be right over! With that coffee station, your guests may never leave! Fabulous makeover
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great...and what a thoughtful idea for a guestroom :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool idea! I love the coffee station. It really did give the table a new life. What special guests.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. One more piece to the puzzle added! Can't wait to see the completed room/study. Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice coffee room you have shared in here. I think I need to put a place like this on my condo philippines. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!