Friday, June 15, 2012

Copycat Three: Fav Color Gifts

I'm trying to make use of my Pinterest Boards for more than just ideas . . . I'm finally getting around to copying some! This is round three which I call, Favorite Color Gifts.  My twin girls turned 21 this week and we had gotten them some tickets to Chicago's Lollapalooza coming this August which meant the gifts on the actual "Birthday Day" were simple and inexpensive :)  I stole these baskets from hubby's work area and painted them red (Sarah's favorite color) and blue (Megan's favorite color) then filled them with mostly Dollar Store finds.
 My inspiration came from Karrie at Happymoneysaver.com and her adorable "Box of Sunshine".  She has some cute printables to go along with this too as well as lots of money-saving ideas and links on her blog.
 My second copycat project was inspired by Angie at Echoes of Laughter and her Birthday Candy Jar.  Angie's blog is filled with great ideas and recipes so you'll want to be sure to check it out!
My version was made using jars purchased at Walmart and I just sprayed the lids the same colors as the baskets.  I got most of the candy at one of those bulk stores (any idea how long it takes to grab ONE gummy at a time from the multi-colored bin using those big, plastic tongs??!!). 

The girls really enjoyed these fun gifts and I plan on using these ideas for others too.  I mean, how fun to get something that's all in YOUR favorite color?? The girls had celebrated with friends on their actual birthday and then celebrated with us the day after.
  LOL - THEY say they're now old enough to drink.  I say they're now legally responsible for all of their actions! 
Have you been copying anything from your Pinterest Boards or are you mainly a 'collector' of fine ideas?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely idea for gifts, sort of like the christmas hamper idea but all one colour. Makes it so personal. Happy 21st to your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,

    So sweet! Your daughters must have loved their birthday goodies.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren,

    Cute blog :) Thanks so much for sharing the links with me!!

    Warmly,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge collector. I will never find time to copycat all the things I find inspirational...but I love to always have projects going on:)
    I like the basket idea. Would be cute as a hostess gift as well.

    Thanks for stopping by our place by the way. I'm really glad that you liked our chalkboard clock.

    Have a wonderful sunday
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am starting to use Pinterest instead of just looking and pinning. I spent yesterday making ruffly skirts for granddaughters. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas Lauren! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!