Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Drawer

Decorating drawers for the holidays is a fun way to use those small items you might find when your out thrift shopping.  It's also a great way to add character and interest to small spaces. You already HAVE the drawer, you just need to open it and fill it to create a fun focal point.
I keep some of the basic elements the same year round like the doily and books but change out the other things for the season/holiday.  Here I've added some yarn carrots, wooden eggs, gloves, a mini-card I made and some vintage earrings.
Love this little bird (I won several in a give away last year -- just can't remember from who!? So if it was YOU, please let me know!)
Here's the same drawer filled for Valentine's Day, Christmas and now Easter.  I wish you ALL a very blessed Easter.  "He is risen! He is risen INDEED!"
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you decorate the drawer. I think this is such a fabulous idea. I have made little birdies...but not this one! I love your carrots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawer is overflowing with wonderful little treasures. I always like seeing how you change out your vignettes for the season. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, this is such a cute idea! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Happy Easter!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren,

    Your Easter drawer is adorable. Happy Easter my sweet friend.

    xo,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea. Thanks for such a great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!